We are a long-term residential facility for children with special needs. The majority of our children have the equivalent functional age of a 2-year-old or below and require total care. Striving to provide the best care, our employees must work as a team, communicate effectively, and be dependable.
We are looking for nurturing, energetic Respiratory Therapists to provide care for medically complex children. This is an excellent opportunity to practice a variety of your nursing skills with some amazing children.
This is not just another job—but a mission to ensure that our residents are as comfortable as happy as possible. If you feel that you could make a difference in the lives of our children, we want the opportunity to meet with you!
This PRN Respiratory Therapist position is for an independent contractor. All independent contractors are required to maintain personal liability insurance while active.
PCCA offers competitive pay rates for Respiratory Therapists. We are looking for new team members who are looking to work at least 2-3 scheduled shifts per month, as well as on-call dates. We are looking for applicants who are interested in working any shift (days/nights/weekdays/weekends) but preference will be given to those who are able to work nights.
Respiratory Therapists are available at PCCA from around 0800-1400 during day shift and 2000-2300 on night shift. However, our leadership team is always willing to work with our team to make your schedule work for you. If flexibility is something you value highly, apply today!
Education Level: Must meet education requirement(s) for state licensure and maintain a valid state Respiratory Therapist license. Must hold Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) certification with the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) or hold within 3 months of hire. Must hold current BLS for Healthcare Provider CPR or CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer certification. Pediatric experience preferred but not required.
General Description: Under the direct supervision of the Team Leader and Director of Nursing, provides respiratory care to the children within an assigned unit.
- Restores and maintains residents’ pulmonary function, alleviates pain, and supports life by planning and administering medically prescribed respiratory therapy.
- Administers respiratory therapy treatments by performing bronchopulmonary drainage, assisting with breathing exercises, and monitoring physiological responses to therapy.
- Provide information concerning changes in patient’s condition/behavior which is assessed during daily assignments.
- Clear, accurate completion of all charting including changes in child’s condition.
- Interact effectively with other team members and ancillary department personnel to assure goals are met
- Assume accountability for all patient care they provide during a shift.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Physical/Sensory Requirements (with or w/o the aid of mechanical devices)
- Good physical and mental health. Finger and hand dexterity to handle and manipulate instruments and equipment. Visual and auditory to detect any changes in patient’s condition.
- Lifting up to 40 lbs independently
- Pushing and pulling
- Ability to hear and respond to pages, distinguish smells, tastes, and temperatures
- Ability to remain calm under stress
Job Type: Part-Time
- Respiratory Therapist: 1 year (Required)