Bringing your child home for a visit.
Home visits for PCCA children are always encouraged! Here are a few things to remember:
When possible, provide 24 hours notice before your scheduled departure so that:
- We can ensure enough medication/supplies are available for the entire visit.
- Your check-out can go as quickly and smoothly as possible.
- You will have opportunities to check on your child’s health status prior to the Leave Of Absence. This is particularly helpful during holiday seasons.
- Visits can be planned around appointments.
The maximum amount of time for home visits is 14 consecutive nights.
- If you would like for your child to have a prolonged home visit, please call first to ensure they do not have any previously scheduled medical appointments.
Only parents and guardians are allowed to check their child out of PCCA.
- Other family or friends must have specific permission from the child’s parent/guardian to check the child out of PCCA.
- Parents may add names of people allowed to sign your child out by contacting our social worker prior to the home visit.
- Only parents or guardians are allowed to call for status updates on their children.