We love what we do and we’d love to show you more.
Whether you are considering PCCA for your family, or you have a child receiving services here, visiting is always strongly encouraged. We love having you here! Prospective parents are invited to call and arrange a tour with our Social Worker, while current families are welcome at any time, day or night. The guidelines below will help you plan and prepare for your visit. While we can’t accommodate overnight stays, you will have access to your child 24 hours a day.
Daytime hours are 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM Monday through Friday.
- Arrive and sign in at the reception area.
- You will receive a badge.
Extended hours are Monday through Friday after 4:30 PM, weekends, and holidays.
- Arrive through the east entrance, which is locked with an access code for staff only.
- Ring the bell for entry.
- Sign in at the nurses’ station.
- Family and visitors will receive a badge.
Visiting your child at PCCA
Who can visit?
All visitors are allowed unless a parent or guardian restricts someone from visiting.
Do not visit if you or someone in your family is ill. The children at PCCA are extremely susceptible to illness and we need to protect their health.
Where will we visit?
You are invited to enter our classrooms as your child moves through their day. If you would like private time as a family, PCCA has a Family Room for your comfort.
- Please do not enter the kitchen area, nurses’ station, or bathing areas when other children are receiving individual care.
- When transferring your child, please ask for assistance so we can provide the proper equipment for safety.
- If your child is asleep or ill, please conduct your visit accordingly.
What about my other children?
We welcome your children here. When they visit with you, please stay in the Family Room so that:
- They will be supervised at all times.
- The risk of spreading illness is minimized.
Children under 14 are not permitted to visit during flu season unless prior arrangements have been made with our Social Worker.
Can we bring or send gifts?
Please do not send flowers or balloons to your loved one.
- Flowers cause severe respiratory problems for some of our children.
- Balloons are not allowed due to the risk of children chewing on them.
We are always happy to shop for your child for birthdays or special occasions. Please call our Social Worker with your requests.
Questions / Concerns
If you have questions or concerns about the status of your child, please ask to see/speak to the Charge Nurse or the Supervisor on duty. They will be able to address your concerns or direct you to the appropriate staff person.
Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly to prevent infections.
Smoking, vaping, or using smokeless tobacco is prohibited on PCCA premises.
Bring your child home for a visit
Home visits for PCCA children are always encouraged! Here are a few things to remember:
When possible, provide 24 hours notice before your scheduled departure so that:
- We can ensure enough medication/supplies are available for the entire visit.
- Your check-out can go as quickly and smoothly as possible.
- You will have the opportunity to check on your child’s health status prior to the Leave Of Absence. This is particularly helpful during holiday seasons.
- Visits can be planned around appointments.
The maximum amount of time for home visits is 14 consecutive nights.
- If you would like for your child to have a prolonged home visit, please call first to ensure they do not have any previously scheduled medical appointments.
Only parents and guardians are allowed to check their child out of PCCA.
- Other family or friends must have specific permission from the child’s parent/guardian to check the child out of PCCA.
- Parents may add names of people allowed to sign their child out by contacting our Social Worker prior to the home visit.
- Only parents or guardians are allowed to call for status updates on their children.