Full-time RN or LPN
Night Shift – 7:00AM – 7:00PM
We are a long term residential facility for children with special needs. The majority of our children have developmental delays requiring dependence on our medical team for total care. Striving to provide the best care, our employees must work as a team and communicate effectively.
We are looking for a nurturing, energetic RN and LPN to provide care for medically complex children.
If you feel that you could make a difference in the lives of our children, we want the opportunity to meet with you!
Education Level: Must have completed at least high school or its equivalent and requirements as the state board may prescribe and is licensed as a Registered Nurse or Practical Nurse by the Board of Examiners of Nursing. Pediatric experience preferred but not required.
General Description: Under the direct supervision of the Team Leader and Director of Nursing, renders nursing care to the children within an assigned unit.
• Administration of all medication and treatments ordered and documentation thereof, with educational preparation, nursing care standards and according to APF policy & procedures. (i.e. administer tube feeding, provide daily care etc.)
• Provide information concerning changes in patient’s condition/behavior which is assessed during daily assignments.
• Perform functions of assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating all assigned patient care in collaboration with Team Leader, Nurse Practitioner and Physician
• Assists the child’s attending physician when making rounds, performing treatments, exams, etc.
• Clear, accurate completion of all charting including changes in child’s condition
• Interact effectively with other team members and ancillary department personnel to assure goals are met
• Assume accountability for all patient care they provide during a shift
• Evaluate patient safety condition/practices and notify Team Leader of any violations or potential hazards
• Order and receive medication from the Pharmacy as prescribed by physician.
• Must be able to adjust self to diversified types of personalities and use tact and judgment in dealing with varying situations
• Must use tact and courtesy in dealing with the children, their families, visitors and other staff
• Perform CPR and assist with resuscitation as needed. Maintains current CPR certification.
• Able to assemble and properly use medical equipment such as CPT machine, Bair Hugger, etc.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Physical/Sensory Requirements (with or w/o the aid of mechanical devices)
• Good physical and mental health. Finger and hand dexterity to handle and manipulate instruments and equipment. Visual and auditory to detect any changes in patient’s condition.
• Lifting up to 40 lbs independently
• Pushing and pulling
• Ability to hear and respond to pages, distinguish smells, tastes and temperatures
• Ability to remain calm under stress
Job Type: Full-time