Full-time RN or LPN
Day Shift – 7:00AM – 7:00PM
We are a long term residential facility for children with special needs. The majority of our children have the equivalent functional age of a 2 year old or below and require total care. Striving to provide the best care, our employees must work as a team, communicate effectively, and be dependable.
We are looking for nurturing, energetic RNs and LPNs to provide care for medically complex children. This is an excellent opportunity to practice a variety of your nursing skills with some amazing children.
This is not just another job – but a mission to ensure that our residents are as comfortable and happy as possible. If you feel that you could make a difference in the lives of our children, we want the opportunity to meet with you!
Education Level: Must have completed at least high school or its equivalent and requirements as the state board may prescribe and is licensed as a Registered Nurse or Practical Nurse by the Board of Examiners of Nursing. Pediatric experience preferred but not required.
General Description: Under the direct supervision of the Team Leader and Director of Nursing, renders nursing care to the children within an assigned unit.
• Administration of all medication and treatments ordered and documentation thereof, with educational preparation, nursing care standards and according to APF policy & procedures. (i.e. administer tube feeding, provide daily care etc.)
• Provide information concerning changes in patient’s condition/behavior which is assessed during daily assignments.
• Perform functions of assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating all assigned patient care in collaboration with Team Leader, Nurse Practitioner and Physician
• Assists the child’s attending physician when making rounds, performing treatments, exams, etc.
• Clear, accurate completion of all charting including changes in child’s condition
• Interact effectively with other team members and ancillary department personnel to assure goals are met
• Assume accountability for all patient care they provide during a shift
• Evaluate patient safety condition/practices and notify Team Leader of any violations or potential hazards
• Order and receive medication from the Pharmacy as prescribed by physician.
• Must be able to adjust self to diversified types of personalities and use tact and judgment in dealing with varying situations
• Must use tact and courtesy in dealing with the children, their families, visitors and other staff
• Perform CPR and assist with resuscitation as needed. Maintains current CPR certification.
• Able to assemble and properly use medical equipment such as CPT machine, Bair Hugger, etc.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Physical/Sensory Requirements (with or w/o the aid of mechanical devices)
• Good physical and mental health. Finger and hand dexterity to handle and manipulate instruments and equipment. Visual and auditory to detect any changes in patient’s condition.
• Lifting up to 40 lbs independently
• Pushing and pulling
• Ability to hear and respond to pages, distinguish smells, tastes and temperatures
• Ability to remain calm under stress
Job Type: Full-time