We are a 58-bed, long term residential care facility for children with severe/profound developmental delays. The majority of our residents are non-ambulatory and have the equivalent functional age of a two year old or below. We strive to provide the least restrictive environment while maintaining the safety and well-being of each resident. The Behavior Specialist is key in developing, managing, and implementing behavior plans that work specifically for each child.
This position will require:
- Working with other departments to assess and develop individual behavior management plans for behaviors such as pica, self-abuse, elopement, crying/anxiety, and additional behaviors.
- Researching different methods and procedures for dealing with clients with special needs.
- Tracking data, arranging quarterly meetings to address behavior patterns/improvements/new behaviors/etc.
- Providing training to direct care staff.
- Being very hands on in behavior intervention.
- Developing and performing daily/weekly programming activities to provide our children with opportunities for positive behaviors/interactions.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualities:
- strong communication
- team player
- calm demeanor
- Must be able to pass a background check for Federal, State, and Child Maltreatment
- College Degree – preferably in Psychology or Mental Health
- Prior behavioral experience working with special needs population preferred
- Able to work up to 40 hours, including some evenings and weekends