Pediatric Complex Care of Arkansas is an intermediate long-term residential facility for children with special needs. The majority of our children require complete mobility assistance as well as daily living assistance. Our highly skilled healthcare professionals deliver world-class, long-term care to each resident centered on achieving the best possible care and outcome. This is a very fast paced work environment that requires full attention to detail to ensure the safety and well-being of our residents.
Currently we are seeking a Morning – Assistant Shift Supervisor 6A to 2:30 P M-F
If you have excellent organizational and team management skills and experience in direct care, we’d like to meet you. Ultimately, you will help us create an atmosphere of exceptional care for our residents.
Responsibilities: THIS IS A SAFETY SENSITIVE POSITION
- Assists with activities of daily living by dressing, serving meals, helping to feed, helping residents to ambulate, positioning and transferring residents
- Take care of residents’ personal hygiene: checking and changing diapers, bathing, grooming, etc.
- Follow nurse instructions and procedures including but limited to tube feedings, trach care, wound care, etc.
- Help teachers with daily educational programming of each resident
- Document daily care routine using computer software
- Coordinate the care of residents on assigned shift
- Remain updated with policy and procedures
- Inform the next Shift Manager about pending tasks
- Report maintenance and training needs
- Proven experience as a Shift Manager or relevant role is a plus
- Good knowledge of direct care operations
- A customer service approach and the ability to manage complaints with professionalism
- Excellent organizational skills
- CNA is a plus
- High School diploma or GED required
- CNA certification is a plus but not required
- Must meet all healthcare requirements including Tuberculosis skin test
- Must be in positive standing with all healthcare agencies, including the Employment Clearance Registry and Adult Maltreatment Registry
May require frequent standing/walking, reaching, bending/stooping, lifting/handling, pushing/pulling and occasional carrying of up to 40 lbs independently. Grasping, fine hand coordination, pushing and pulling.